Tunisia denies banning under-35 Libyan men from entering the country

jhinawi_crop_640x380.jpg
Tunisian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Khemaies Jhinaoui

The Tunisian Foreign Minister Khamis Jhinaoui denied Monday “rumors” that said Tunis had issued a ban for Libyan men under 35 on entering the country.

Jhinaoui told the Libyan Foreign Minister Mohammed Sayala in the phone that Tunisia is keen on having well-knitted and brotherly relations with Libya.

The Libyan Foreign Ministry also issued a statement on Facebook denying the news after contacting the Libyan embassy in Tunis and making sure that there had been no such orders.

“We call on all Libyans not to follow such rumors and fake news.” The Ministry added.

Likewise, the Libyan embassy in Tunis issued a statement denying the news, saying it had been informed of a report by Russia’s news agency Sputnik, which said Tunisia will ban Libyan men under 35 from entering the country without their fathers.

Sputnik said early on Monday, citing a diplomatic source at the Libyan embassy in Tunis that the country was banning Libyan men under 35 from entering unless they are accompanied by their fathers.

Advertisements